All Things New York Mets

All Things New York Mets

Monday, April 28, 2014

Near Disaster Avoided

All in all the weekend went well up until around 2:00 this afternoon. That's when I heard water running an asked my wife if she was running the washer or dishwasher or anything else. She replied back no. So I hurried outside to get into the crawlspace. When I first peaked my head in I heard water running but not gushing. So as I ventured further under the house it was coming from the are our hot water tank is in which is a walk in pantry. So I hurry out an run into the house to see what's going on. Luckily it was the pressure release valve that went bad and the previous owner has the pipe going through the floor into the crawlspace so it dosen't flood. So I shut off the water intake to the tank and shut off the gas an pilot light too. Head outside to get a hose to drain the tank hookup said hose to the tank disconnect the pipe going through the floor so I can disconnect the valve once the water drains some. Well I opened some hot water taps in the house to start draining the tank well I thought to myself might as well an go ahead an flush it too while it's all hooked up and turned on the water intake and went outside to see what was coming out. Walked back in not even 5 minutes later and had water on the floor. No fault of my own being the water was coming out the vaults pressure release valve and not draining thru the floor because I disconnected the pipe. So I shut the water off quickly again. Yanked everything on the floor up as fast as possible. Well luckily not too much was on the floor. It's a good thing I took my cards out when I first went in their to shut everything off or else some if not all cards would have been lost. I probably would have been lucky and the autos and jersey cards being they were not directly on the floor would have been alright, but not the other cards or boxes of cards. Let's just say I got lucky and the wife was just a tad upset with me. Let me rephrase that she was upset with me. Needles to say I will not be storing my cards on the floor in the walk-in pantry/closet anymore. I learned my lesson. I may put them on the top shelf that is about 7 feet off the floor or find a new place all together. Yes so I was lucky in a way but not so much on the good side of my wife. And yes I did manage to replace the valve and all is good being we have hot water and no leaky valve.  And to add insult to injury I twisted/sprained/strained my ankle after closing up the crawlspace. Needless to say I'm not in the best of mood at work.

At least the Mets won again and beat the Marlins and are only 76 wins away from their goal of 90. I liked Daniel Murphys comment the other night when asked about being over .500 his reply was we expected to be. Good attitude Murphy and keep winning.
 
LETS GO METS!!!

Here is a card that could have been potentially lost, but thankfully wasn't. I got a steal on this beauty too. I believe this was right around 25 bucks.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you avoided a major catastrophe. My buddy just lost several 5,000ct. boxes worth of cards a few weeks ago. He had them in front of his fireplace and accidentally left his chimney chute open during a storm. A few days later, he noticed discoloration on the boxes and discovered they were sitting in a small puddle of water. Needless to say... he wasn't a very happy camper.

    ReplyDelete