All Things New York Mets

All Things New York Mets

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Another night of work

I've been busy perusing ebay almost nightly while at work and boy only if I had an unlimited supply of money. In the past few nights a bunch a cards have hit that I want to get my hands on but would be too expensive. The other night I saw '14 Gypsy Queen tri auto jersey card of Harvey, Wheeler, and Wright come an go in about a day. Just a little too high for my liking. Also there has been some listings of some guy named Piazza who I'd like to get a hold of too. At least the Piazzas at auction so I maybe able to get a hold of that one. Don't get me wrong I like the collection I have and will continue to build on it, but it sure would be nice to have some of these other prized possessions. Some day maybe unless the card gods or powers that be let me get them as hits in my box busting adventures.

Well enough of my dreaming I have work to do still, but before I get back to the grind it's time to show another card. Well this player was traded after winning something called a CY Young award, but completely understand it. I did see him pitch a few times for the Mets before he was traded and talk about a guy who's finally made it after a long journey. Well sorry for the rambling and incoherent sentences this guy is tired, but without further ado here is a nice tribute auto /25 of RA Dickey. Any scratches or lines are on the case and not the card.


2 comments:

  1. Great card. I'd like to eventually pick up a Dickey autograph where he's pictured as a Met in honor that amazing season he had two years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did have an amazing season. I also have a Triple Threads of his that I got pretty cheap too. The nice thing about him is he's not too expensive. I think this one was under $20.

      Delete