All Things New York Mets

All Things New York Mets

Friday, September 12, 2014

PWE from 2 by 3 Heroes

First off hope there is no serious injury to Stanton that just looked gruesome and awful.

Secondly I was able to snag a 2014 Triple Threads relic auto for dirt cheap that I thought I stood no chance of getting on a best offer, but more on that another day in another post.

This post is all about the PWE.

I apologize I am about a week behind on my mailing posts that I received via trade baits or just good old PWEs.  This post is courtesy of Jeff over at 2 by 3 Heroes.  He surprised me yet again with a BIG stack of random Mets cards spanning from the 80's to 2000's and beyond.  I was shocked by the assortment being some of the cards I probably still have at my moms packed away somewhere that I forgot about being I collected some of these cards back in the day.  Thanks Jeff for rekindling some childhood memories.

Below is the stack I received minus the few cards below that I took pictures of.  Gotta love the good old Fleer and the stirrups of Sid Fernandez.


Here is a card I probably never had as a kid being my mom wouldn't allow us to eat Sugary cereal as kids growing up.  I'm currently envisioning a new saying in the upper left corner of Cap'n Cokehead, but little did I know as a kid.  Gotta love Dr. K

 Here is a product I shied away from since busting a few boxes of 2009 Ginter.  Next up on my quest for autos is an auto of Tom Terrific.
 Here is a card that brought back some child hood memories of the 1986 All Star Darryl Strawberry.  I'm sure that I have some of his teammates lurking back at my moms being I collected these like crazy.

 Here are some sweet sweet mini's that I didn't have
And last but not least is this beauty of a heartbreak card from the 2006 NLCS.  I can remember watching this game and being on an emotional high in the 6th inning I believe when Endy made that catch to rob Scot Rolen of a home run.  Then the sails deflated when Yadier hit his home run, but the biggest blow was Carlos Beltran taking a strike 3 looking from a Wainwright curve with bases loaded 2 outs bottom of the 9th.

Thanks Jeff for the cards.


LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!

and

LETS GO METS and YA GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!

1 comment: