All Things New York Mets

All Things New York Mets

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

PREMIER Stories from the eBay

This past weekend I was perusing eBay to see if any deals could be found.  Along the way I found a few that I decided to make offers on, but not before checking some previously sold values of the same items that just sold.  The item I was interested in was from this years Triple Threads release of the All Star relics numbered to 9.  The card sold at auction from right around $45.00 and there were to separate listings of BIN/BO which were $99.99 and $129.99.

I put offers on for that were below the sales price of the auction, but were respectable to get the process started of a little haggling back and forth.  None the less that didn't happen with either listing.  The seller of the $99 listing responded back "WOW IS THIS ALL AT ONCE OR IN PAYMENTS" and countered with $99.98.  I upped my counter and got a decline.  The second one didn't even counter my offer and just declined with "DO NOT NOW OR EVER PLACE ANOTHER BID ON MY SITE!!!!!!!"  I just love sellers on eBay.  I will probably place another offer on the last guy in a few days to see what happens and I'll keep you posted.

How about rookie Jacob DeGrom for the Mets last night striking out the first 8 batters of the game to tie the MLB modern day record.  His stats are 8-6 134K's 2.68 ERA 1.14WHIP and .230BAA.  Pretty impressive for a rookie.  Hopefully hes in discussion for rookie of the year with a line like that.

Now before we get to a card I finally got one of my redemption's from Topps today.  I'll have to make a post all by itself cause its a awesome card.  I also have to showcase another card that I've had for awhile.  Just now to find the time to do it and come up with some goody's for a CONTEST.

Whats a post without a card.  How about a 2008 UD Premier Steve Slaton rookie auto card /5.  I've had this card for awhile and probably paid more than what its worth today, but I plan on keeping it being its a WVU guy.  Slaton had a phenomenal rookie season rushing for almost 1300 yards and 9 touchdowns.  Too bad the injury bug bit him his second year in the league cause he never recovered or preformed like he did his rookie year.  I believe he his playing currently for the Tornoto Argonauts in the CFL.




LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!

and

LETS GO METS and YA GOTTA BELIEVE!!!

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thats what I thought too. From the looks of the username they are both a business/cardshop. One guy has a feedback rating of 99.2%. Now I see why.

      Delete
  2. Quit making low ball offers you tight ass :)

    I like that Slaton. It has been a long time since I've seen that card hit eBay. Missed my opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buy low sell high just like stocks. Was just trying to see if they would budge obviously not.

      Slaton is a sweet card.

      Delete
  3. I guess those sellers don't both checking the actual sale prices for cards before setting their prices. That, or they figure that they have enough volume that pi$$ing off one buyer won't matter.

    I'd probably start trolling them at this point with $1 offers on every one of their cards with a BIN of $50 or more. But then again, I can be a jerk sometimes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We think alike. I saved both listings may wait till this weekend an do it. I just love how people over value the cards they have. Must be using Beckett only. LOL

      Delete
  4. Sending out that kind of response to an offer from a bidder is just asking to be trolled until you block the buyer. It's okay if you don't like the price; you can always send a counter offer or politely decline. Being a jerk doesn't do anything to move your merchandise.

    ReplyDelete