All Things New York Mets

All Things New York Mets

Thursday, September 18, 2014

'14 Triple Threads the First of Many......Hopefully

Lets turn some sour grapes from yesterdays post about eBay it to something good like wine or juice for those of you that don't drink.  Well as you all may know Triple Threads released last week and it is one of my favorites to collect.  A day or two after the release date I was going through my saved searches for 2014 TTT Mets and came across a BIN/BO on eBay for Zack Wheeler /50 auto relic.  I tend to shy away from release day and close to release day purchases due to the ultra premium that comes purchasing cards during that time.  Well the listing had a BIN/BO price of $19.95 plus shipping.  I threw out an offer of $6 bucks and was expecting to receive a decline/counter offer from the seller of around $12-$15 bucks.  Well, that didn't happen much to my surprise...the seller actually accepted my offer after about 24 hours.  I haven't checked out eBay in a few days to see what this cards is selling for at auction, but the last time I checked it was about $8 or more depending on the numbering of the card.  Maybe I got a good deal or maybe I didn't only time will tell.

So without further ado here is that beautiful card that I purchased.


Now onto something a little bit more interesting that I discovered with this card and some other cards from Topps.  You see that little blurb about game used memorabilia right above the relic on the right hand side.  Well when I flipped the card over there is another blurb of the relic contained on this card is not from any specific game, event, or season right above the trademark and copyright stuff. Which is it Topps?  Game used or not.  When I hear event I think like a signing, practice/warm-up, appearance, or something to that affect that does not involve a game.  Heck for all we know he could have worn this while sitting the bench and its still counts as game used.  Well Topps should use a blurb like this when the front says game used, the relic contained on this card is not from any specific game or season.  That way it takes out any question of being game used or not when you exclude the event part.  Any thoughts?


LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!! 
BEAT OKLAHOMA gosh is their BOOMER SOONER song annoying or what.  Especially
 when it is played after every score or big play.  Hopefully they don't bring their band Saturday.

and

LETS GO METS and YA GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!!!

1 comment: