All Things New York Mets

All Things New York Mets

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

MJÖLNIR Debut

For some you probably knew what this title was about and for the rest it's the debut of Noah Syndergaard whose nickname is Thor and can understand why once you see him being he stands 6'6". I decided to use the Norwegian name for his hammer so that's where the title came from.  The Mets top pitching prospect that was part of the RA Dickey trade from Toronto along with Travis d'Arnaud. 

Hopefully he can have a stellar debut and become a big piece of the starting rotation with the likes of Harvey, deGrom, and Wheeler. He struggled a little bit last year in the Pacific Coast League but seems to have found a groove this year.  He has a1.82 era and a 34/8 k/b ratio over 29 2/3 innings. In his last start he struck out 8 in 8 innings and fell a triple shy of hitting for the cycle. He's also batting .455 this year. While I don't expect that average to be anywheres near that at this level it is nice to see a pitcher who can hit. 

Well Hopefull he can right the Mets ship after they dropped the first came if the series to the Cubs last night. Here is a picture I pulled off the MLB at bat app and an inception relic auto that I picked up some time ago and I'll let you decide for yourself if he resembles Thor. 

LETS GO METS and YA GOTTA BELIEVE!!!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck to Syndergaard and your Mets. I really like Noah, and I hope he does well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks me too. Mets are pretty stout with starting pitchers still have another highly touted arm at triple a

      Delete
  2. You need the notable nickname card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That I do and I can go after his Avengers buddy too in Captain America

      Delete