All Things New York Mets

All Things New York Mets

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Back Story

Well I started this blog just about 5 months ago and it has been a blast posting and reading the other blogs out in the blogosphere.  In this time it reminded me how much fun it was collecting cards and trading them.

Now for a little bit of information on little ole me.

I was born and raised in NJ.  You can stop laughing and pointing this guy doesn't fist pump or talk with a funny accent or have a crazy hairstyle nor do I artificial tan.  Although I did go down the shore a lot growing up.

As a kid I collected cards from Garbage Pail Kids to Looney Tunes MLB cards and even those little round discs called POGS from the 1980's and 90's.  I believe I still have some complete sets of cards at my Moms house being my parents always got us a complete set for Christmas that we were never allowed to open.  Whats the fun in that as a kid.  I can't remember what years we may have, but next visit I need to check them out to see what I got. My first big purchase of an auto was with my Dad and it was a Mickey Mantle auto lithograph probably 20 plus years ago.  I can't remember what it is numbered too, but I know that is definitely still at my Moms house.  Yes a Mets fan bought a Mantle auto, but I did it being it was a good price and one of the greatest ball players to play the game.

Collection kind of took a hiatus come high school being life changed and didn't have much time for  it anymore with sports and other activities.  Then college happened and for this I went to West Virginia University where college life ruled and did the normal college things.  Wake-up, attend class, eat, video games and party. So I didn't have time to collect.  Well upon graduating from college I ended up staying in West Virginia and working and hanging out with buddies.  So rent, bills, golfing and beer took up most of the pay.

Fast forward a few years and now I am married with 2 kids and getting back into hobby again.  The wife kind of gives me a hard time and just laughs when I say I'm heading to Matt's or going to go through my cards, but it is all in good jest from her.  My oldest son likes to open and see the cards, but he isn't too fond of Panini's non-licensed stuff he likes to open the stuff with color(his words not mine) hence the Topps products.  The youngest guy could care less about cards as of now, but I'm sure that will change in due time or at least I hope.

So that how a Mets fan is living in WV.  I also root for the Giants and Devils too, but primarily collect Mets, WVU players both baseball(Jedd Gyorko) and football, and will grab a Giants card here and there if I stumble across one.

Well here is a card of three WVU players currently in the NFL that I got a steal on about a year ago.  Hopefully Geno steps up his game and becomes a quality starting QB and Tavon and Stedman do the same though Stedman will have to wait 4 games for violating the leagues substance abuse program.


Well WVU battles Alabama this weekend in the Chick Fil A kickoff classic.  Lets hope we pull out a win somehow.

LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!!

LETS GO METS and YA GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment