All Things New York Mets

All Things New York Mets

Monday, October 27, 2014

It's Been a Long Long Time....and Read to the END I May Have Caught a Trout

Well, it's been almost a month since my last post.  I have gotten some envelopes/packages in the mail that I've been meaning to feature on my blog.  This past month and going forward for the foreseeable future I don't know how often I will be able to post, but I continue to read the blogs daily when time allows.  Sorry for the lack of comments too.  Life has been crazy busy with the wife's medical issues an upcoming surgery along with some other personal matters keeping me from posting.  We had to travel back to NJ for my nephews Christening being I was asked to be the Godfather and I forgot to snap a photo of the Mantle auto I have along with some other cards I have.  I know I have some late 80's maybe early 90's factory sets somewhere in my moms house.  Well maybe Thanksgiving I will be able to snap some photos and pick up my other cards that I have left their over the years.

Well first off I received a package back in September from Jeroen over at that The Dutch Card Guy that I have yet to feature.  I saw that he busted some Panini Prizm and pulled an auto of Mets prospect Noah Syngergaard and told him that I was interested in it.  Well here is that beauty of a card.  For some reason I can not find all the other glorious cards Jeroen sent with this one, but I didn't have any of them and they are a welcome into my Mets collection.  I will post the other cards some other time.  So the remainder of this is to be continued.



I have also received a few PWE's from Jeff over at 2 by 3 Heroes in the span that I've been gone.  I will try to showcase these in the oncoming weeks.

Well if you are still reading this thanks a bunch.

Here is a card I picked up over summer that I was glad to add to my players born in NJ collection, but kind of feel a little guilty just getting the one card being they flamed out in the post season.  I also think about all the other cards that I could have added to my collection instead of just this one.  Well without further ado here is a 2013 Five Star Mike Trout Auto Jersey book /49.

I'll try to do a better job posting in the future.


LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!

and

LETS GO METS!!!!

10 comments:

  1. I'll trade you some crappy Mets for the Trout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks again. I'm still gathering cards to send your way

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks. Now I need a jeter auto for my collection

      Delete
  4. I have some Mets cards that I would like to send to you. Let me know if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely interested. You can email me at kgilland01 at gmail dot com.

      Delete
  5. Wow! That is an amazing looking Trout auto!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. One of my collecting goals is to have an auto of every player born in NJ being that's where I am from originally. Well I checked one big name off the list and the next big one is a Jeter who was born in my hometown.

    ReplyDelete